Deliciously roasted parsnips and carrots, perfect as a side dish for any meal.
Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
This recipe for Roasted Parsnips and Carrots is a classic side dish that brings out the sweet, earthy flavors of these two root vegetables.
- 1 lb parsnips
- 1 lb carrots
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- If the parsnips and carrots are very thick, cut them in half lengthwise. Slice each diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices. The vegetables will shrink while cooking, so don’t make the pieces too small.
- Place the cut vegetables on a sheet pan. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss well.
- Roast for 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables, tossing occasionally, until the parsnips and carrots are just tender.
- Sprinkle with dill and serve hot.
- Remember, the vegetables will shrink while cooking, so don’t cut the pieces too small. The roasting time will also depend on the size of the vegetables.