Fresh green beans lightly steamed then tossed with a rich, homemade basil pesto sauce, garnished with torn basil leaves and toasted pine nuts.
Green Beans with Pesto
A simple yet flavorful side dish. This recipe is a delightful combination of fresh green beans and homemade pesto sauce. The green beans are blanched to retain their vibrant color and crunch.
- 200g green beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 50g roasted pine nuts
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- To make the pesto, combine the garlic, parmesan cheese, half of the roasted pine nuts, and half of the basil leaves in a food processor. Gradually add the olive oil while the processor is running until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Toss the blanched green beans in the pesto sauce until they are well coated.
- Garnish the dish with the remaining torn basil leaves and pine nuts before serving.
- You can adjust the amount of garlic and parmesan cheese in the pesto sauce according to your taste. Also, make sure to not overcook the green beans to retain their crunch and vibrant color.