A simple and quick recipe to make fluffy couscous every time.
This recipe for fluffy couscous is a game changer. Instead of the usual method of cooking couscous in a pot, this recipe instructs you to steam it in a casserole. The result is a much fluffier and tastier couscous that is ready in just 20 minutes.
- 3 cups couscous
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add the salt and oil to the boiling water.
- Spread couscous evenly in the bottom of a large casserole so that it is in as thin a layer as possible.
- Add the water and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Wait until all the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes), then fluff with a fork.
- For a delicious and simple couscous salad recipe, make the couscous as described above. Let it cool, then toss it with canned chickpeas, finely chopped green onions, fresh mint, olive oil, and sea salt. Other nice additions are raisins, pine nuts, feta cheese, olives, and flat leaf parsley.