This red pepper paste has a nice texture and flavor from the addition of walnuts.
Civisli Biber (Red Pepper Spread)
This red pepper spread gets a nice flavor and texture boost from the addition of walnuts. The red peppers are cooked until tender then blended into a coarse paste along with the walnuts and spices. Serve it as a dip with pita chips or crackers, or spread it on sandwiches for a flavorful condiment.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- to taste salt
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat broiler and roast peppers until charred on all sides.
- Place in paper bag until cool, then peel, seed and de-vein.
- Using the steel blade, blend to a paste in food processor, and then mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pulse in processor briefly, then adjust seasoning to taste.