A light Asian-inspired salad dressing that works beautifully over simple greens or more complex salads.
Black Sesame Summer Dressing
This dressing works well on a very simple salad, like the Boston lettuce shown here.
- 1 shallot
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup seasoned canola oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Peel and mince the shallot and place in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add rice vinegar and let site 10 minutes.
- Whisk in oils until emulsified, and then add sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.