These delicious and easy to make zucchini fritters are perfect for a quick snack or appetizer anytime.
5-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters
They come together with just 5 simple ingredients - zucchini, flour, egg, parmesan, and parsley. Simply grate the zucchini, combine with the other ingredients, then pan fry into golden brown fritter perfection.
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle the zucchini lightly with salt. Allow the zucchini to stand for 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs, sliced scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Add the olive oil to large sauté pan set over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Cook the zucchini fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout. Transfer the zucchini fritters to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt. Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve the zucchini fritters topped with sour cream (optional) and sliced scallions.
- Don’t forget to give it a star rating if you enjoyed this recipe! Share your creation with the world by mentioning @justataste or tagging #justatasterecipes.