There are three ways I like eggs, depending on how they are used. If I’m making an egg sandwich on a croissant, then it’s scrambled eggs for me. If it’s rather an egg sandwich between two pieces of bread (like an English muffin), then it’s an egg over easy, cooked just so that the interior of the egg oozes enough to leak a little on the bread, but not onto your hands. Otherwise, it’s eggs prepared this way, the way my dad prepared them.
Poached Sunny Side Up Eggs
It’s very similar to sunny side up eggs, but the addition of a little liquid at the beginning allows you to use a little less fat, and very carefully time how runny you want the yolk to be.
- 1 egg (or more)
- Heat a frypan. If frypan is not nonstick, add a little butter or oil.
- Break one or more eggs into the saucepan.
- Immediately add a few tablespoons water. Cover.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the yolk looks milky, but still “jiggles”.
- Remove immediately from heat and serve.