This is a light, Asian influenced salad dressing. It works equally well spilled onto a simple bed of lettuce leaves, or a more complex salad. Salad lettuces are especially fresh and abundant in the summer –thus the name.
Black Sesame Summer Dressing
This dressing works well on a very simple salad, like the Boston lettuce shown here.
- 1 shallot
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup seasoned canola oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- Peel and mince the shallot and place in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add rice vinegar and let site 10 minutes.
- Whisk in oils until emulsified, and then add sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.